> View this now
Published on: June 2008
Type of content: VIDEOCAST
Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
According to industry reports, storage systems account for about 40% of the total power consumed in a typical data center. For storage professionals, this means that power consumption has become a priority -- not only to pare back spiraling electrical costs, but also to accommodate new storage devices in data centers with limited power resources.
The recently launched Green Data Project, spearheaded by Jon William Toigo of Toigo Partners International, focuses on reducing power consumption by storage gear by better managing the data they house.
In this Videocast, renowned storage expert, Jon Toigo, outlines the Green Data Project, provides an overview of green storage and explores other relevant topics, such as:
• Is there a real green revolution going on, or is it a lot of hype?
• How to compare vendor claims related to reduced power consumption
• The likelihood of standard energy consumption metrics
• What green technologies can help now and which can provide long-term benefits?
• What storage managers can do now to cut power use
View this expert Videocast with Jon Toigo to learn more.
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results