by Symantec Corporation
> View this now
Published on: June 2008
Type of content: WHITE PAPER
Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
Length: 26 pages
NetBackup has supported simple disk based data protection using disk Storage Units and VTLs for several releases but with the release of NetBackup 6.5 several new and enhanced disk-based features were introduced, including the following:
- Intelligent disk management capabilities to enable more efficient use of server and storage resources.
- Load balancing across multiple NetBackup Media Servers to improve overall backup performance.
- Pre-allocation of disk space to prevent backup failure due to lack of disk space.
- Deduplication features to eliminate redundant data from backup storage.
- Integration with intelligent disk based appliances from leading vendors to allow the user to get optimal value from these solutions.
- Support for ‘off host' duplication with VTLs to provide tracking within NetBackup for backup duplication carried out within the VTL.
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results