> View this now
Published on: September 01, 2012
Type of content: EZINE
Length: 44 pages
Workers are more mobile than ever and taking data along on a variety of devices that require new methods of delivering, protecting and backing up corporate data. Nearly every mobile user can cite an instance of data loss and the risk continues to grow. Needless to say, the traditional “hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil” approach to remote and mobile backup just won’t cut it anymore.
Interestingly enough, however, the cloud – despite ongoing skepticism – may be your best bet for keeping track of data on smartphones, tablets and laptops - and ensuring that it’s well protected.
In the September 2012 cover story of Storage magazine, Phil Goodwin examines the immediate need for better mobile backup processes, highlights the unique benefits cloud services can provide for addressing these challenges and shares his 4 keys to mobile data management.
Explore the September 2012 issue of Storage Magazine Online to read other expert features, including:
- From virtualization to “big data” initiatives, Storage editorial chief Rich Castagna explains why storage is the key to success when it comes to today’s most important corporate strategies
- Jon Toigo’s “Storage Revolution” column questions if “new” storage tiering regimens requiring tier-zero SSDs truly is a better way to tier storage - or if it’s just a better way to sell more storage
- George Crump provides an update on virtual server backup – how it’s improved and the key considerations to think about nowadays
- Rich Castagna analyzes the results and announces the winner of our latest Quality Awards survey for Midrange Arrays
- Terri McClure’s “Hot Spots” column defines CDMI and highlights its importance in storage
- Jeff Bole’s “Read/Write” column outlines tips and best practices for navigating the increasingly fast-growing SSD market
- And more
Sponsored by: Asigra, CDW, CommVault, Dell AppAssure Backup Software, Exagrid, Symantec and Dell Appassure Backup, Replication and Recovery Software
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results