> View this now
Published on: July 01, 2012
Type of content: EZINE
Length: 42 pages
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) promises numerous benefits to beleaguered IT operations: Better application performance, improved data protection, simplified provisioning and management, and so on.
Yet despite these benefits, virtual desktop environments can strain conventional hard drive storage systems and some strategically placed solid-state storage devices will likely be needed to help boost performance.
In the cover story of the July 2012 issue of Storage magazine, Phil Goodwin looks at the various storage challenges brought on from VDI and explains how SSD – when deployed correctly – can help address these problems.
- Storage editorial chief Rich Castagna examines how and why storage purchasing criteria has changed over the years
- Jon Toigo’s “Storage Revolution” column opens up about the flaws inherent in RAID and what you can do to look for alternatives
- George Crump shares tips on how to tune your storage systems for database apps
- Dennis Martin outlines how to build a 10 GigE storage network
- Terri McClure’s “Hot Spots” column looks into big data’s big burden on storage
- Arun Taneja’s “Read/Write” column argues why it’s finally time to declare full backups dead
- And more
Sponsored By: Advizex, Dell AppAssure Backup, Replication and Recovery Software, Aptare, CommVault, Dell, Intel, NetApp, Nexsan, PC Mall, Quantum and Rockland IT
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results