by CommVault Systems, Inc.
> View this now
Published on: June 01, 2012
Type of content: CASE STUDY
Length: 4 pages
The California Employment Development Department is one of the largest state departments in the country, with 13,500 employees at more than 400 locations.
Over the years, the amount of effort to manually collect data and e-mails in response to legal discovery requests intensified, causing EDD's IT and legal teams to struggle. Not only was the process laborious, it wasn't auditable, which presented problems as accuracy in collecting and producing data is paramount in any litigation. Additionally, EDD faced skyrocketing storage costs as users continued to retain more data-intensive files and emails.
This short case study reveals how California's EDD was successfully able to overhaul their IT infrastructure to ensure that all of their data is easily available, accessible, and protected at all times. Read now to learn how the EDD now benefits from:
- 87 percent data reduction
- Over $1 million dollars in projected savings over 5 years
- A centralized solution for collecting, preserving and searching all types of electronically stored information
- One-click legal holds to ensure data integrity and authenticity
- Search agility that keeps pace with evolving eDiscovery requirements and changing case law
- And more
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results