> View this now
Published on: May 14, 2012
Type of content: IT BRIEFING
Length: 42 pages
CIOs are more confident of securing technology budget increases than at any time in the last five years, according to the CIO Technology Survey 2012.
- Increasing budgets: 44 percent of global CIOs saw a budget increase this year; the highest proportion since 2007, and a leap from 39 percent in 2011 and 28 percent in 2010.
- Leap in demand for digital and mobile solutions: Digital media is firmly on the CIO's agenda with 58 percent of global CIOs actively promoting the development of solutions for smartphones and tablets such as iPads.
- Demand for improving time-to-market: Of the areas of focus for CIOs, the category that grew the most in 2012 was Improving Time-to-Market, underlining the importance of growth and expansion planning.
- Profit focus: More than half of CIOs (56 percent) say projects that make money from technology rather than save money are the priority.
- Outsourcing plays a bigger role.
- Multi sourcing in vogue.
- CIO role is changing and increasing in importance.
- Strategic influence of the CIO continues to grow.
This research was conducted by Harvey Nash in association with TelecityGroup.
Harvey Nash, a global professional recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider.
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results