by Sybase, an SAP company
> View this now
Published on: November 09, 2009
Type of content: EBOOK
Length: 7 pages
The demand for business intelligence data only continues to increase, putting BI vendors and practitioners under the gun to develop new technologies and improve existing processes in order to boost the performance of BI systems and maximize their return on investment.
The good news is that the surge in BI development, driven partly by the various mergers and acquisitions that have taken place in the industry over the past few years, is providing BI users with better tools than they previously had access to. And several major BI trends are helping savvy companies deliver the analytical data their business users need without clogging up system performance.
In this E-Book, data warehousing and BI expert Rick Sherman explains how you can take advantage of these trends to ensure that you get the right information to the right people at the right times, so they can make the best possible decisions.
Read this E-Book to learn how:
- In-database analytics can speed up data retrieval and analysis while also improving the security of corporate information.
- Analyzing data in memory may help reduce BI complexity and eliminate many of the performance bottlenecks faced by users.
- BI appliances offer a lower total cost of ownership yet still provide high-performance access to BI data.
- Data virtualization can simplify the process of integrating information from disparate sources and help to improve data quality.
- Operational BI enables companies to more closely entwine data analysis with ongoing business operations.