by Dell and Microsoft
> View this now
Published on: December 05, 2008
Type of content: WHITE PAPER
Length: 19 pages
Customers are faced with many choices when planning a virtualization deployment. Server, storage, and software configurations can vary depending on workload and feature requirements. This paper proposes several sample virtualization architectures based on Dell's server and storage products. Architectures are divided into three main categories: Small, Medium, and Large. These categories are based on the features and capacity of each product, as well as the complexity of the overall architecture.
- Small - Designed with simplicity in mind and focuses on providing basic functionality with minimal hardware. It does not enable advanced virtualization
- Medium -Designed to meet the production requirements of small and medium businesses by providing economical Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions, enhanced virtualization features, and business continuity options.
- Large - A full-featured virtualization solution supporting 1-to-many management, high availability (HA) and enterprise-class server and storage products.
The goals of this white paper are as follows:
- Introduce customers to the Dell sample reference architectures for Hyper-V.
- Clarify, aid, and simplify the decision making process for customers.
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results