by The Ajax Experience
> View this now
Published on: January 07, 2009
Type of content: PODCAST
This session looks at how a large Class 1 transportation company leveraged jQuery to develop a client-side framework for building 80+ internal and customer-facing applications, using a variety of backend frameworks, such as Wicket, Struts, JSF, ColdFusion and raw servlets. This project streamlined the workflow from UI prototype through application implementation, increasing developer productivity regardless of which framework was utilized. The presentation explores the techniques utilized such as DOM transformations, and presents best practices and lessons learned along with code demonstrations. The talk examines how to develop and enterprise solution for leveraging a diverse server-side framework portfolio and deliver a consistent experience to end users.
In this session, you find out how to:
- Develop an enterprise solution for leveraging a diverse server-side framework portfolio;
- Deliver a consistent experience to end users with a client-side solution;
- Avoid consolidating your development environment to one framework;
- Understand how jQuery fits into an enterprise development environment;
- Determine the cross browser/cross framework development issues to consider.
This session was recorded at The Ajax Experience conference in Boston, Massachusetts, September 29 - October 1, 2008.
> View Company Report
> View all content by this company
> Return to Search Results